skip to content

Residents' Registration

Within 14 days after finding permanent accommodation (moving in), you have to register your address at a local residence registration center in Cologne. In case you live in Hürth or Hürth-Efferen, you will have to register in the service center there.

The following documents are required for your registration:

  • "Wohnungsgeberbescheinigung" signed by your landlord (Köln) or (Hürth)
  • Valid ID or passport with visa (if applicable)
  • Copy of your rental contract (recommended)
  • Student ID card or letter of admission of the University of Cologne (recommended)

After your registration you will receive a registration confirmation. Please keep this document in a safe place. You will need it for opening a bank account, applying for a resicence permit etc.